Whitney Lee who is most famous in Austin, TX for her AMAZING wedding photography is also part of one of the coolest new local Austin bands. I'm going to copy and paste from their post because they say this stuff best:
Black Cock Call for Art – Cash Prize
Austin TX band Black Cock has released their debut album, Robot Child with a God Complex, and they’re ready to celebrate. On July 9, 2009 there will be a private RSVP-only awesome party and art show happening at the Mohawk to do just that. Party includes Real Ale Beer, catered snacks, and other fun stuff like DJs in the private party room upstairs at The Mohawk on Red River.
Black Cock is seeking submissions of artwork that will be on display for the event. One piece will be selected for a $500 cash prize and will be featured on the band’s next album cover, due out Fall of 2009.
Exhibition Theme: Black Cock the band (no porn, please). This can be rooster themed, or it can be inspired by their music, or it can be their likeness (though they really aren't that vain). They're really just looking for work that is loosely related to Black Cock and that will look good as an album cover. Again, please don't submit obscene artwork.
Jurors: Band members – Whitney, Chico, Jordan and Ben
Submission Deadline: July 3, 2009
• Drop-off your work on Friday July 3, 2009 at 2011 E. 2nd St., Austin TX, 78702. Drop-off hours are 3pm-8pm.
• Out-of-towners are welcome to mail work to us. If you are from out of town please ship to the same address above (Attn: Chico Jones). Please also supply postage for return shipment. After the party we'll post photos of the event so that you can feel like you were there!
• Works can be executed in any media, though please give it to us display-ready. If you have any specific instructions or equipment please let us know!
• If you plan on participating, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP so that we reserve space for you!
• Work submitted must be available July 3, 2009 - July 10, 2009
• Label the back of your work with your name, the title of the piece, the selling price, your phone number, and your e-mail address.
• If someone wants to buy your work, we'll put you in touch with that person directly. If you attend the party we'll try and find you so they can buy from you then. Otherwise we'll supply them with your contact information, and you with theirs.
• Submissions will be juried by the members of Black Cock.
• Winning piece will be featured on the band’s new album with full credit given to the artist. However, to receive the $500 cash prize, the artist must sign a copyright release.
• To spice things up and keep it fair we will also award a smaller cash prize for "people's choice award" and another prize randomly drawn for participating artists. Who knows, maybe the band members have bad taste. We appreciate everyone's participation. Cash value to be determined.
• We will take the utmost care of your artwork. However we have to mention that we don't have insurance. Nor does the venue. Sorry!
• Finally, THIS IS AN RSVP-ONLY EVENT! We'd hate for you to not be able to get in to see your own artwork because the door guy doesn't know better. So please e-mail email@example.com to get on the list! And have your friends and family rsvp too!